1882The first school in Camas (La Camas) was built prior to 1882. It was replaced by a four room school (with inside plumbing) in 1886. The first school remained on the school grounds until 1907. In 1907 the then Columbia River Paper Company gave the Boy Scout Organization permission to put the first school on their property where it still stands today. For years it was used as a scout meeting place and referred to as the Scout Hall. In 1934 the new owners of the mill, Crown Willamette Paper Company gave 7.25 acres for a park and they named it Crown Park. The city uses the first school at this time (2005) primarily for city youth activities.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 10:41am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 546282 N 5048735|
|Decimal Degrees||45.59061667, -122.40665000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 45° 35.437', W 122° 24.399'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||45° 35' 26.22" N, 122° 24' 23.94" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1434 NE Dallas St, Camas WA 98607, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.