Site of first building owned by The Pentecostal Holiness Church to house Advocate Press, at a cost of $3,085.44. The building was dedicated by J. H. King, Aug. 2, 1919. At the cornerstone a list of donors, a Discipline of the Church, a copy of the Aug. 7, 1919 Advocate, a few grains of wheat, a vial of oil, and a vial of grape juice were placed. In the dedication, Mr. King explained the significance of each.
G. F. Taylor, founder of the Advocate and Life Literature, served as editor from its origin until 1934. Circulation of this literature is now worldwide.
Near here in one of the two hotels was the Franklin Springs Orphanage, 1919-21. It was home for thirty orphans until 1921 when the children were transferred to Falcon Orphanage, Falcon, N.C. The superintendant and founder was J. H. King. Bishop King, born in Anderson County, S.C., Aug. 11, 1869, licensed to preach in 1891 by the Methodist Church, served as leader from 1900-46 in Fire-Baptized and P. H. churches.
Rev. G. F. Taylor, born in Duplin County, N.C., Aug. 10, 1881, was co-founder and first president of Emmanuel College, January 1, 1919