In 1863 Pauline Weaver and Abraham Peeples came from California to find gold. They found gold and the rush was on. In 1887 The Congress mine was formed and the town had a name. On March 14, 1895 the railroad came. Congress was booming. In 1910, after producing over 7 ½ million dollars, the gold ran out.The second boom started with U.S. highway 89 in 1926.The post office moved to Congress Junction in 1938, where it remains.The community now known as Congress is the old Congress Junction. Little remains at the original townsite.P.O. EST as Congress Jan 19, 1889
Charles A. Randall Postmaster.
P.O. closed Aug 31, 1938.
P.O. Est. at Congress Junction Mar 23, 1906
Oliver L. Greer Post Master
Name changed to Congress Nov 1, 1938