Independence and Dignity Since 1929The Seeing Eye, the world-famous dog guide training school, was incorporated in Nashville January 29, 1929, with headquarters in the Fourth and First National Bank Building at 315 Union St. Morris Frank, a 20-year-old blind man from Nashville, and his guide dog Buddy, played a key role in the school's founding and subsequent success. It was Frank who persuaded Dorothy Harrison Eustis to establish a school in the United States.
|Placed By||The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 1:12am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 519905 N 4002322|
|Decimal Degrees||36.16545000, -86.77868333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 9.927', W 86° 46.721'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 9' 55.62" N, 86° 46' 43.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 235 3rd Ave N, Nashville TN 37201, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.