Originally a Sonoran adobe row house built C. 1877 for John D. Walker friend, agent, and physician to the Pima Indians at Sacaton. This building was used as courtroom and county offices during his terms as justice of the peace, county surveyor and probate judge. Walker was an early investor in the Vekol Mine and wrote the first Pima grammar text. Here Pauline Cushman, noted Union Civil War Spy and actress, wed Jere Freyer. The building was purchased (1886) by Granville Oury, delegate to the Confederate Congress, Arizona territorial legislator and attorney general, district court judge, and delegate to the U.S. Congress.
Listed on the National Resister of Historic Places