The Old San Antonio RoadFirst blazed in 1691 by Captain Don Domingo Teran De Los Rios, first provincial governor of Texas, in an expedition officially directed by Father Fray Damian Massanet O.F.M. apostolic missionary and explorer in Texas. The general route was northeast from the Rio Grande to the San Antonio River thence across the Guadalupe, San Marcos, Colorado, Brazos, and Trinity Rivers to the missions in east Texas. Other expeditions taking the same route: Espinosa Olivares Aquirre in 1709, St. Denis in 1714, Ramon in 1716, Alarcon in 1718, Marquis of Aguayo in 1720, Moses Austin in 1820. The Republic of Texas officially made this road a boundary between a number of empresarial land grants.
|Series||This marker is part of the El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail series|
|Placed By||State of Texas|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 9:58pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14R E 775369 N 3435991|
|Decimal Degrees||31.02540000, -96.11533333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 1.524', W 96° 6.92'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 1' 31.44" N, 96° 6' 55.20" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2132 Old San Antonio Rd, Normangee TX 77871, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.