This complex of ten depression-era buildings, with a total of 310,000 square feet, housed four different factories over its industrial lifetime. The buildings were built for the Allen Manufacturing Co. (stove manufacturers) in 1929. More than $100,000 worth of preferred stock was sold locally to finance their construction. After Allen Manufacturing went into receivership during the Great Depression, Dortch Stove Works (1932-1955), Magic Chef (1955-1959) and Jamison Bedding Company (1962-1991) successively occupied this site, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1997-98, the complex was renovated by Franklin businessman Calvin LeHew as a commercial, retail, and entertainment center.