In 1930, Michael McKeever set up a small tent house in Hermenway Wash slightly north of Government Survey Camp #1, where he was a government cook. Soon other workers started building homes nearby, and the area became known as McKeeversville. McKeeversville was considered a squatters' camp, and as soon as homes were available in the new Boulder City residents were strongly encouraged to move.
By 1940, only five residents remained. Local authorities tried to close down the settlement, but World War II brought new families looking for housing and the small camp grew again. When Boulder City was incorporated in 1960, the federal government turned over control of the land to the new city. The bill allowing the transfer included language which allowed residents in McKeeversville to buy their own lots. Later the name of the area changed to Lakeview, though some remnants of the 1930's camp still stand.