1845 Original house now rear portion of house, built by Amanda and Oliver Rostrum. In 1875, M.L. Dekle's wife Stella, purchased house and he planted the oak trees along the street. First Baptist Church was organized here in 1881. House burned in 1900 and additions included the Victorian trim. In 1928, Dekle deeded house to daughter, Lucy Neal Dekle, who later married Dr. Robert McLendon. Dr. William Brunner family purchased house in 1965 and deeded to Dr. Richard Brunner family in 1998. Renovation of the interior of the house was begun in 2000. Present carport was original carriage house. One-bedroom apartment, garage and workshop was original stable. Garden shed was originally icehouse, pool in former garden area.