Winchester City HallBetween the 1850s and 1911, a livery stable and stone works occupied the north end of this site. With the John Custer Family home on the south corner, the present building was constructed for the US Post Office and various government offices. After the City of Winchester purchased the building in 1967, and a new City Fire Hall and Police Department was constructed at the rear in 1969. Winchester City Hall moved here in 1970.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 25th, 2014 at 6:43am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 580749 N 3893985|
|Decimal Degrees||35.18560000, -86.11310000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 11.136', W 86° 6.786'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 11' 8.16" N, 86° 6' 47.16" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1-99 TN-50, Winchester TN 37398, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.