(Roman Catholic)Congregation first organized c 1639 on nearby Kent Island by Rev. John Altham, S.J. St. Peter's was est. Feb. 3, 1765, by Rev. Joseph Mosely, S.J. of St. Joseph's, Talbot Co. A 1760 bequest of 50 lbs. from Edward Neale of "Bowlingly" provided 1½ acre lot here, on which brick chapel was built before 1784. (Demolished 1960). Part of present structure begun 1823 by Rev. James Moynihan, completed 1827 by rev. Peter Veulemans. The aspe, nave and vestibule are major additions 1877 under Rev. Ed. Henchy.
|Placed By||Ladies of St. Peter's Altar and Rosary Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 4:25pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 401830 N 4314897|
|Decimal Degrees||38.97756667, -76.13333333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 58.654', W 76° 8'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 58' 39.24" N, 76° 7' 60.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||410, 443|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 5329-5341 Ocean Gateway, Queenstown MD 21658, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.