Of BronteOrganized by visiting minister W.G. Green and a congregation of three on June 19, 1887, the Baptist Church in Bronte met in homes. In 1890 a brush arbor was built and the Rev. R.M. Cumbie was called as first pastor. Services were later held in the community school in winter and the brush arbor in summer. A Sunday school was organized in 1901 and the first church building was dedicated in 1907. A new building was completed in 1951. From its beginning, this church has been involved in missionary and community activities.
|Placed By||Texas Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 12th, 2015 at 10:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14R E 377642 N 3528274|
|Decimal Degrees||31.88370000, -100.29371667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 53.022', W 100° 17.623'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 53' 1.32" N, 100° 17' 37.38" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 400-498 S Washington St, Bronte TX 76933, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.