The "New Ranch House" was built in the 1950s by the Boice family for Frank Boice's oldest son Frank (Pancho). It was here that Pancho and his wife Sherry raised their four children: Steve, Kitty, Sherry, and Carol.
Mac and Billy Donaldson and their three children, Alexa, Sam, and Renee also lived here. Mac's father John Donaldson ranched the Empire from 1975-2009, in partnership with Mac and his grandson Sam.
When the Bureau of Land Management acquired the Empire Ranch in 1988, the New Ranch House served intermittently as a field station for BLM staff working at the ranch. In the future, this building will be rehabilitated for use as part of the BLM's administrative programs at Empire Ranch.
Frank Stephen (Pancho Boice)
Sherry Bailey Boice
Kitty, Steve and Sherry Boice with Burt Lancaster, ca. 1955, New Ranch House under construction in rear.
Mac and Billie Donaldson
Mac, Sam, Colton and John Donaldson