East FaceThe oldest parish in Covington Diocese, this was a pioneer mission center for East Kentucky. Parish, second oldest in the state, was formed by Maryland settlers who arrived in 1786. First church built circa 1794; resident pastor was Reverend Stephen Theodore Badin, first priest ordained in U.S. Present church constructed in 1820 at a cost of $3,600.West FaceDedicated to Francis de Sales. Four priests who served here became bishops: Edward Fenwick (1822), Guy Chabrat (1834), F.P. Kenrick (Philadelphia, 1830, and Baltimore, 1851) and F. Brossart (1915). Bishop G.A. Carrell, also pastor here, established first seminary of Diocese, 1856. Visitation nuns located school and convent here, 1875; moved to Cardome, 1896.