Harmony New School Church met near here in 1841 at the home of Bro. Thos. Martin. Rev. John Fee, founder of Berea College, and Edward Troye, noted equine artist, were associated with the early church. In 1846, a frame church was built on this lot, which the L&O Railroad deeded to them, and it became the Midway Presbyterian Church. Early Midway school was also on this property.
Also here were the original town cemetery, which was moved in the 1890s, and a brick church built in 1870. Rebuilt 1911 after a fire, it is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture. A 1949 addition was replaced with a new Fellowship Hall in 2013. Church is in the Midway Historic District, which was listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1978.