This engine is from the Mercury (length 250.8, beam 43.01), which was built by the Pennsylvania Shipyard of Beaumont, Texas. She was launched in June 1937 for Tankers, Inc. before moving to Lakeland Tankers Ltd., its Canadian subsidiary in 1947. After reconstruction at the Port Weller Drydock, in 1947, she resumed trading as Lubrolake. Although Lubrolake traveled throughout the Great Lakes system, she spent most of her time on the Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence section in the petroleum trade. She operated to the end of the 1966 season and then was retired at Toronto. She was sold to United Metals Ltd. for scrap in 1967, but was resold to K.C. Irving Enterprises. After the ship's forward cabins were removed, the vessel ran aground while being towed by tugs and landed at New Waterford, Nova Scotia where she was abandoned.