The Methodist Episcopal Church of Pescadero built between 1889 and 1890 is based on an interpretation of a design presented in a pattern book published by the church. No other Methodist Episcopal churches built from the same plan exist in this region.
The first church services were held on March 1, 1890 and ceased after 1906. The building substituted briefly for the local school damaged by the 1906 earthquake. In 1915, the abandoned church was considered a "white elephant" and the church agreed to sell it.
The building functioned only briefly in its intended religious purpose, but during its life span functioned as a community center, a Japanese cultural school and a fraternal hall.
In 1920, the Pescadero Social Center Corporation converted the church into a social center, eventually becoming a Japanese language and cultural school in 1928. Subsequently the Native Sons of the Golden West, Pebble Beach Parlor, and the Native Daughters of the Golden West, Año Nuevo Parlor purchased the building with the Año Nuevo Parlor surrendering their charter and interest in the building in 1998.
Today through the cooperative efforts of the Native Sons of the Golden West, Pebble Beach Parlor #230 and the Pescadero Historical Society, this building still serves as a community center and meeting hall.