Built 1904 by Joe Thiele (1850-1940), sheep rancher and civic leader. Native stone used here was dug at Willow Creek (2 mi. W).Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968
First floor housed Runnels County National Bank; upstairs was Miles Opera House-social and cultural center of Town-staging road shows, political rallies, and wrestling bouts. In 1923, school was located here.
Later this structure was used as dry goods store, grocery, post office, hotel, and (again) a bank.
Building was owned after 1929 by Henry W. Bigler (1878-1966) and wife, Mabel Hancock Bigler (1886-1961), who operated it as the "Hotel Miles".