The Clermont County Fair was held here from 1857 - 1863.
In 1861, Civil War Camps Lucas and Scott were located
here. In 1901 the Cincinnati, Georgetown and Portsmouth
Railroad (CG&P), 1876 - 1935, constructed a ten acre lake
named after the mother of the CG&P president. The lake,
1901 - 1998, and a 2000 -hp power plant, 1901 - 1922,
supplied electricity for the railroad and towns along
the right of way. The CG&P operated Highland Park
here with boating, picnic grounds, and pavilion from
1901 - 1921. In 1921 the Cincinnati Rotary Club began
operating Camp Allyn for handicapped children. In
1928 they bough the land and lake; and operated a
camp for 4-H Clubs and other groups as well as handicapped children. In cooperation with the Stepping Stones
Center they continue to operate the camp today.