In 1879, with the death of his friend Antonio de Ocampo, the packer Urquides inherited Ocampo's city lot at 115 Main Street.
Here along a canal he built a home for his wife, Adelaida, their sons, Arthur and Manuel and daughter, Maria Dolores.
Mexican-born muleteers and their family settled nearby.
Among them were Esteban Ruiz, Santos Paez, Miguel Soto, Jesus and Guadalupe Galindo, and Manuel and Gumecinda Fontes.
As his business grew, Urquides purchased adjacent properties to accommodate barns, stables, a corral and additional housing.
A 1912 fire insurance map shows a circle of 21 small structures.
Boiseans called the compound Urquides Village or Spanish Village.
By the 1930's, with some 35 rustic cabins, the village was regionally known as an old West historical site.
After a fire in 1971, the city condemned the cabins and demolished the neighborhood two years later.