The Robstown Record began serving the Robstown community and surrounding areas in 1919, when M.L. Dale and his wife, Myrtle, began to print the paper. At the time, Robstown did not have a newspaper; the community's first new periodical, the Robstown Reporter, had previously ended publication. The Dales published from an office on Main Avenue until 1925, when they moved away from the community. The Robstown chamber of commerce published the paper until 1926, when Elma and Sam L. Fore, Jr. purchased it and moved the business to 104 N. Fifth. Fore was a founder and president of the south Texas Press Association; four other presidents of the institution also worked for the Robstown Record. In 1941, the eldest daughter of the Fores, Marion, and her husband Carrroll Keach, moved to Robstown to work in the family business. In 1967, the couple became the sole owners of the Robstown Record.
The weekly newspaper has covered the important political, economic, social and cultural events affecting Robstown. It has received regional, state and national awards. Through the years, the newspaper continued to be managed by the Keach family, who in 1989 merged the Robstown Record with the Western Star under the new name of the Nueces County Record Star. Today, the Nueces County Record
Star continues the work begun by the Robstown Record, which served both as a vital source of timely information and later as documents that chronicle the history of the Robstown community.