—A City of Milton Historic Site —In November 1837 fen original members chartered the Articles of Boiling Springs Primitive Baptist Church, the first church of its denomination in North Georgia. The original church was a log structure. The first pastor was John Wayne. Solomon Peek served as pastor from 1842 to 1853. Peek established churches in at least eight Georgia counties. Abner Phillips, founder of Providence Baptist, served on the Presbytery of Boiling Springs. His grandson, Elder Bartow Phillips, was a leading minister in the Little River Primitive Baptist Association. Elder Edward Cagle served the Church and the Association for decades in the 20th and 21st centuries.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 4:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 746656 N 3783736|
|Decimal Degrees||34.16545000, -84.32421667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 9.927', W 84° 19.453'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 9' 55.62" N, 84° 19' 27.18" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1200 Birmingham Rd, Alpharetta GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.