E.F. Sewell assembled and sold Model T Fords from his Arlington hardware store. Family moved to Crane in 1926 and established Ford dealership. In 1935 sons, Carl Sr. and Woody, purchased bankrupt Ford house in Odessa. At Texas and 2nd Street location, Carl Sewell Motor Co. sold half their 22-vehicle inventory on opening day; New cars sold from $698-$1035. During oil boom and WW II, sales and service stayed open 24 hours, 7 days a week; Customers often arrived after bars closed at 3am. In 1969 company relocated to E. 8th Street. In 1972 Woody and son, Ron, became sole owners of Sewell Ford, Inc. For continuous service in auto industry since 1911, Sewell family is recognized as one of the two oldest in Texas.