—Indiana War Memorial Plaza National Historic Landmark —Originally known as , "Obelisk Square", this park was completed in 1930 and is situated between the American Legion Mall and the Indiana World War Memorial. Its main feature is the Obelisk fountain. This portion of the Plaza was designed originally to serve as a venue for military parades and related civic events. Pairs of captured German artillery pieces once flanked each corner of the large open plaza.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, April 27th, 2019 at 5:04pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 572265 N 4403031|
|Decimal Degrees||39.77415000, -86.15618333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 46.449', W 86° 9.371'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 46' 26.94" N, 86° 9' 22.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.