—1882 —This side-door caboose was rebuilt in 1899, and the renumbered and modified several times in its long life, but its original builder is unknown. It does not have the usual cupola or lookout on its roof, making it more difficult for its crew to observe the train for potential safety problems. The doors on the side were common on cabooses used on branch lines. Having this caboose turned a freight into a mixed train, where a few passengers and packages of freight or express could also be carried. It is 39' 2" long, and has leaf springs in its wheel assemblies (trucks) to provide a more comfortable ride. Donated in 1952 by the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad.
|Placed By||Museum of Transportation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 28th, 2019 at 2:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 720981 N 4272191|
|Decimal Degrees||38.57071667, -90.46345000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 34.243', W 90° 27.807'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 34' 14.58" N, 90° 27' 48.42" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.