(South Face) N.S.D.A.R. Memorial to the Pioneer Mothers of the Covered Wagon Days.
(East Face) On this historic spot, the hunting ground of the friendly Indian Nemacolin, this monument is erected and dedicated to the memory of our pioneer mothers.
(North Face) The National Old Trails Road.
(West Face) Erected in Nineteen Hundred Twenty Eight in Washington County, Pennsylvania, the oldest county west of the Allegheny Mountains. Named for the father of our country.
(Small brass plaque in front of monument) Madonna of the Trail. Presented and dedicated December 8, 1928 by the National Society of the American Revolution. Restored 1990 by the Pennsylvania State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, Mrs. Thomas G. Burkey, State Regent. Rededicated June 23, 1990.