This building was designed by Frederic J. DeLongchamp, a designer and engineer of mining, born in Reno, Nevada, on June 2, 1882 and educated in Nevada. He designed 500 buildings, libraries, hotels, and post offices in the counties of the State of Nevada, including the Alpine County Courthouse. The Alpine County Courthouse was built in 1928 and constructed of a light cream colored massive rhyolite tuff which was quarried from Silver Mountain City. After seventy years of service, the Alpine County courthouse continues to exercise local government.
July 4, 1998
Grand Parlor, Native Sons of the Golden West
Richard A. Hoffmann, Grand President