The Primary Association, a children's organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, operated a children's hospital near hear for 30 years, from 1922 to 1952.? Located at 44 West North Temple Street.? Founded by Sarah Louise "Louie" Boulton Felt, the president of the Primary Association, and her counselor, May Anderson.? Most operating funds came from birthday pennies donated by the Primary children and from an annual fund-raiser, the Penny Parade.
Today Primary Children's Medical Center is one of the finest children's hospitals in the country. It has not been owned by the Church since 1975, but the spirit of dedication lives on in the care given to thousands of children.