This stamp mill was manufactured at the Miners Foundry and Supply Co., Nevada City, California in the late 1800's. After a circuitous journey, it has returned to its place of crushing hard rock at the English Mine and then the New Salmon Mine, owned by Donald McPherson, at Badger Hill. The stamp mill ceased operation in 1942 when all non-critical gold mines were shut down. After sitting idle through the years overgrown by trees and brush the stamp mill was moved in the 1970's to the Nevada City home of King McPherson, who generously donated the stamp mill back to the Miners Foundry in the 1980's. The stamp mill sat in pieces around the foundry despite several attemps to reconstruct it. Through the efforts of the members of Hydraulic Parlor No.56, Native Sons of the Golden West under the supervision of Mike Nevius, restoration was completed in the spring of 2000.