The 4th A.C., marching from Cleveland, Tenn. reached Catoosa Springs May 4, 1864. The 23d A.C., via Cleveland & Red Clay, camped in this vicinity. Both corps moved S. from these positions toward Dalton, May 7.
The 4th A.C. went by direct rd. to Tunnel Hill; the 23d to Crow Valley, E. of Rocky Face.
The elevated ground N. is the site of the Dr. Lee house. Observing the initial troop movements from the yard of the Lee house, were officers of the Federal high command: Sherman, Thomas, Schofield, Howard, Newton, Stanley, & Cox.
Comments 0 comments