(North Side):Lewis and Clark in Kentucky Fort Jefferson
Lewis and Clark and a party of eight men visited the site of Fort Jefferson on Nov. 18, 1803, while on their epic 1803-1806 journey to the Pacific. Fort est. in 1780 by Clark's brother, George Rogers Clark, but was abandoned one year later. Over.
(South Side):Fort Jefferson
William Clark drew a map of the area in 1795 that showed the fort site. He also included it in an 1802 report that recommended a military post at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers.
Presented by Ky. Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Commission, National Park Service, Ohio River Chapter - Lewis & Clark Trail Heritage Fdn., Wickliffe Paper Mill, Ballard Co. Fiscal Ct., Ballard Co. Economic & Industrial Development Board.