Established in 1891, two years after the founding of the city of Robert Lee, developers L. B. Harris and Eugene Cartledge, as president and secretary of the Austin & Northern Land & Cattle Company, on Sept. 29, 1892, sold for $1.00 this 11.7-acre burial ground. Already site of several graves, it was deeded to Hayrick Lodge No. 696, A.F.&A.M., for "sole use as cemetery grounds for the members, relatives, and friends". Later it was named by the lodge.Buried here are 34 Civil War veterans, as well as soldiers of later wars and members of many of the families in Robert Lee.
Comments 0 comments