With the exception of the Courthouse, the Knights of Pythias Building, also known as the Tilton Building, has always been the tallest building on the Plaza at 46 feet. It was dedicated on November 27, 1895, and is one of the few buildings that survived the fire of 1900. The building originally housed retail on the first floor, office space on the second floor, and a large open hall on the third floor as the meeting room of the Knights of Pythias, an early social fraternal organization attended by many of Prescott's leading male citizens. Scorched in the fire, the front fa?ade was stuccoed and scored to resemble stone. The building was partially restored in 1995.