Arriving from New York on July 13, 1910, "Lady Ermintrude" graced the Courthouse Plaza for more than 60 years. Over time, the fountain began showing signs of wear and, in 1976, was removed and placed in storage at the Sharlot Hall Museum.
In 2016, as the Centennial of the laying of the cornerstone for the Courthouse was approaching, Yavapai County Supervisor Rowie Simmons and Facility Director Ken Van Keuren discovered the surviving components and the restoration process began. The County commissioned Robinson Iron, a foundry in Alabama that had the original patterns, and the missing and broken pieces of the fountain pedestal were restored. The Facilities team repaired the basin and reinstalled "Lady Ermintrude" to elegantly stand on the Plaza just as she did in 1910. A rededication ceremony was held on June 29, 2019.
This restoration was funded by Yavapai County and the generous contributions of Nancy and Pat O'Brien