The Beverly Presbyterian Church came into existence as part of the United Congregations of Tygat Valley in 1788 and was formally organized on March 1, 1820 under Reverend Aretas Loomis. Services were held in the 1808 courthouse until the first church building was constructed in 1852-53. Union soldiers destroyed this building during the Civil War.
Between 1869 and 1873, the church was rebuilt on the same site with that structure now forming the main sanctuary of the present church. During extensive remodeling in 1893-94, the stained glass memorial window was added honoring the memory of Reverend Robert Scott, under whose pastorate the church had been rebuilt.
The house that stood beside the church was moved in 1959 and still stands behind the church lot. The adjoining educational annex was added in 1960.
"So far as records show, the first religious service held within Randolph County was by the Presbyterians."
History or Randolph County
The church rebuilt after the Civil War was a simple structure with a belfry. The same church today, as it emerged from the 1894 remodeling, features the large Gothic stained glass window, other Gothic Revival detailing, and a pyramidal-roof steeple. The slate roof on the steeple has been restored to match the original material.