Marker Front:St. James, Goose Creek Chapel of EaseOne of two chapels of ease for St. James, Goose Creek Parish stood here on the road to Moncks Corner, about 7 miles from the 1719 parish church. The chapel of ease was a brick building with a cruciform plan. It was completed by 1725, during the tenure of the Rev. Richard Ludlum, but was already in ruins by 1820.
Marker Reverse:Bethlehem Baptist ChurchBethlehem Baptist Church, founded in 1812, built a frame church on this site.Described as a "neat wooden church adjoining the ruin" just moved before the Civil War, it was moved 4.5 miles NW in 1880. The church was renamed Groomsville Baptist Church for the Grooms family, which donated the land. Cemeteries laid out here by the Anglicans and Baptists are contiguous and intermingled.