1868The Alameda County Courthouse stood here between 1856 and 1868. In 1853 Alameda County was carved out of Contra Costa and Santa Clara Counties. New Haven was its first county seat. The 1854 legislative session moved the county seat to more centrally-located San Leandro. Property for the courthouse was one of four parcels donated by the Estudillo family for public purposes. The building was constructed in 1856, with bricks made of clay taken from the site.
|Placed By||City of San Leandro|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 7:24am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 574095 N 4175605|
|Decimal Degrees||37.72471667, -122.15920000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 43.483', W 122° 9.552'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 43' 28.98" N, 122° 9' 33.12" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||510, 925, 858, 949|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 451 Davis St, San Leandro CA 94577, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.