Built in 1840, Price's Switch School was the last one-room schoolhouse to operate in Sussex County. The building originally stood on Route 94, a quarter mile north of Price's Switch Road, but was moved to its current location in 1883. It is the only schoolhouse that survives today completely intact with its coal stove, desks, chalkboards, and outhouse, just as it was in operation when its doors closed in June 1958. Thousands of children and adults visit the school to learn about early education. Price's Switch School was replaced in 1958 with the Vernon Consolidated School, known today as Walnut Ridge Elementary School.