(early 20th Century)Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, this district contains 52 structures, most of which were built after 1900. Cherry Street was laid out in 1818 near the east boundary of Florence. Pulitzer Prize winner Thomas Sigismund Stribling portrayed Cherry Street in his novel, The Store. Angel's Corner, at Cherry and Tuscaloosa Streets was named for the James H. Angel Grocery Store which was established about 1905. This was a popular streetcar stop during the era of the streetcars.
|Placed By||Florence Historical Board Florence Alabama|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 14th, 2014 at 8:32am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 438429 N 3852094|
|Decimal Degrees||34.80923333, -87.67316667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 48.554', W 87° 40.39'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 48' 33.24" N, 87° 40' 23.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 646-698 N Cherry St, Florence AL 35630, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.