(1822)Established September 8, 1822 in a log house on the west side of town by Revs. John Cox and John Kerr. Cox and wife, Frances Langley had been affiliated with the Wesleys in England. Second meeting place was in Farmer's Cobbler Shop on West Mobile Street. The third house of worship was build at the present site in 1827. It was replaced in 1835, and again in 1904 with a brick structure that burned in 1920. Present church was built in 1924 and renovated in 1968.
|Placed By||Florence Historical Board Florence Alabama|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 21st, 2014 at 7:07am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 438094 N 3851446|
|Decimal Degrees||34.80336667, -87.67678333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 48.202', W 87° 40.607'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 48' 12.12" N, 87° 40' 36.42" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 101-199 E Tuscaloosa St, Florence AL 35630, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.