Designated Landmark · New York CityReminiscent of English Norman Parish Churches built in the 12th century, this structure was created in 1872 by architect William M. Mersereau. It was constructed using stone walls of the first church building on the site which was erected between 1708 and 1712. During the Revolutionary War, the church functioned as a hospital for the British and was the scene of a battle in 1777 when Americans attacked the British troops who had barricaded themselves inside the building.
|Placed By||New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 10:54pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 572180 N 4491707|
|Decimal Degrees||40.57300000, -74.14723333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 34.38', W 74° 8.834'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 34' 22.80" N, 74° 8' 50.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||917, 718, 646|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 5 Arthur Kill Rd, North Augusta NY 10306, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.