From Cabin to LodgeThe Pope Estate is the largest of the three estates at the Tallac Historic Site. In 1894, George P. Tallant built a 2,000 square foot rustic-style summer cabin on this site. Five years later, San Francisco businessman William Tevis and his wife Marabella Pacheco bought it and expanded it to more than twice its original size. The grounds include numerous outbuildings, an arboretum, and a pond.
|Placed By||Tallac Historic Site, Tahoe Heritage Foundation and the US Forest Service|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at 6:58am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 755972 N 4314198|
|Decimal Degrees||38.93938333, -120.04671667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 56.363', W 120° 2.803'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 56' 21.78" N, 120° 2' 48.18" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||530, 775|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 4931 Heritage Way, South Lake Tahoe CA 96150, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.