The one-and-a-half story Copperton Community Methodist Church building was constructed in 1942. It was originally sited at the Kearns Army Base, located approximately three miles northeast of Copperton, and was moved to its current location in 1948. The building was designed using standardized military plans and reflects a Colonial Revival style similar to New England Protestant churches. The building, significant for its association with Kearns Army Base, was originally one of four chapels located at the base servicing military personnel. Since its move from Kearns to Copperton, the building has been owned by the Methodist Church. Since 1957, when the church fully combined services with the Bingham Methodist Church and with the Highland Boy Community House, it has been the primary Methodist Church serving west Salt Lake county. The chapel is the first and only Methodist meetinghouse in Copperton. When the historic building was originally moved to Copperton in 1948, it was given the title Copperton Community Methodist Church. In 1957 it was changed to the St. Paul Community Methodist Church, and today is known as the St. Paul United Methodist Church.