This Synagogue was constructed in 1903 at a cost of $9,000, and was one of only 4 synagogues built in Utah during the 19th and early 20th centuries. It was designed by prominent Utah architect Carl Neuhausen. The building's exotic style results from an eclectic mix of architectural elements, including Byzantine columns at the entry, Moorish arches in the towers, onion-shaped domes, and round-arched windows throughout. The Congregation Montefiore was established in 1895 by a conservative group within Salt Lake City's Jewish community. This Synagogue served as its home for over 70 years. The building was purchased in the fall of 1987 by Metro-Fellowship, a Christian Church affiliated with Assemblies of God, and renovated by volunteers under the direction of Pastors James Schaedler and Jack Perry.