This property, comprising the Mount Pleasant General Store and a smokehouse at the rear, is on the National and State Registers. The smokehouse was constructed in the early 1830's, and the store was erected around 1840. Both were built by the Warne family, owners of the mill across Rick Road. With increased trade after the Delaware Canal opened in 1832, the smokehouse was used to process meat for sale to downriver markets. The General Store - with its Greek Revival facade resembling a 4th century B.C. temple, a form that reflects reverence for the mid 19th century commercial and industrial advances that brought prosperity to the village and connected its inhabitants to the region's broader cash economy - was an important locale in which villagers could meet and learn about developments further afield; it also served as a Post Office. The General Store, the adjacent mill, and a dance hall once located across the street formed a center of village life. However, with the advent of long-line railroads later in the 19th century, the fortunes of Mount Pleasant declined. The store fell into increasing disrepair in the late 20th century, finally ceasing to operate in 1998. It was restored to its current condition in 2000.