Darlington District Agricultural Society
On May 5, 1846, a society was organized for "mutual improvement in agriculture and to promote the planting interest of the country." Most of the annual meetings since that time have been held at this spring. The first officers were W. E. James, Rev. J. M. Timmons, Isaac W. Wilson, Robert Rogers, and Rev. Robert Campbell.
The Mineral Spring
On July 17, 1819, this spring and the surrounding lands were purchased from Henry King by the Darlington Mineral Springs Company, intent upon developing the site as a beneficial spa. The enterprise was abandoned soon after the death of the chief promoter.