St. Thomas Manor
— Chapel Point, Maryland —Dating from 1662 the oldest continuously active parish in the United States. Founded 1641 by Father Andrew White, S.J., who named Chapel Point. Present church built 1798. St. Thomas Manor has been a Jesuit residence since its erection in 1741.
|Placed By||The Archbishop Neale Council, Knights of Columbus No. 2279; the Bryantown Council, K. of C. No. 2293; the St. Thomas Manor General Assembly; and the Fourth Degree, K.?of?C|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at 1:51am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 323382 N 4259414|
|Decimal Degrees||38.46556667, -77.02441667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 27.934', W 77° 1.465'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 27' 56.04" N, 77° 1' 27.90" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||240, 301|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 8950 Chapel Point Rd, Port Tobacco MD 20677, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.