1965 · 1974 · 2000Addison's Village Green, a popular site for concerts and other events, has seem three different gazebos constructed at this site.
The first, dedicated in 1965, was built in Rome, Italy in 1873 and then brought to Addison by Joseph Incandella. It was a 12-sided, wrought iron structure in Victorian style, painted white. It was torn down in 1972, after falling into disrepair. The Addison Beautification Gazebo Committee was formed to coordinate designing and funding to have a new gazebo constructed to demonstrate community pride.
The new gazebo, twice the size of the original, was dedicated in November, 1974. It was an octagonal shape 22 feet in diameter, constructed of concrete, brick, cedar, wrought iron and steel. It has a shingle roof topped by a cupola that reached 30 feet in the air. This gazebo was dedicated to Joseph V. Bodzioch, Village Trustee, who spearheaded the project and who died while in office in 1977.
This second gazebo was demolished in 1999 to allow the construction of the new Village Hall. The third gazebo, slightly smaller and of more contemporary design, was built to allow visitors to continue to enjoy events presented on the Village Green.
[Memorial plaque below the marker.]
In MemoriamJoseph W. BodziochVillage TrusteeBorn: August 9, 1929Died: December 19, 1977Erected byThe President and Board of TrusteesJanuary 30, 1978
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Monday, October 6th, 2014 at 5:06am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 417808 N 4642734|
|Decimal Degrees||41.93230000, -87.99138333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 55.938', W 87° 59.483'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 55' 56.28" N, 87° 59' 28.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2-108 W Army Trail Blvd, Addison IL 60101, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.