Designed by Daniel J. Patterson
— Dedicated on May 20, 1911 —Restored and rededicated by Sound Transit on October 16, 1999 to link the past and future of public transportation and serve the Central Puget Sound community. Union Station served as the Seattle passenger terminal for the Oregon - Washington Railroad and Navigation Company, Union Pacific Railroad, and Milwaukee Roads lines from 1911 until 1971. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on August 30, 1974, and is included in the City of Seattle's International Special Review District and Pioneer Square Preservation District. Union Station was restored and adapted in 1999 to serve as the headquarters of Sound Transit - the Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority - and hub for its regional system in cooperation with Union Station Associates. The project was make possible by the vision and tax dollars of the citizens of King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, who approve development of a new regional transit system in 1996.
|Series||This marker is part of the More Than Words series|
|Placed By||Sound Transit|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Thursday, October 9th, 2014 at 11:17am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 550465 N 5271945|
|Decimal Degrees||47.59895000, -122.32866667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 47° 35.937', W 122° 19.72'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||47° 35' 56.22" N, 122° 19' 43.20" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||206, 425, 360, 253|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 401 S Jackson St, Seattle WA 98104, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.