Riverside Hospital was founded at the Civil War site of Fort Anderson by the municipality in 1905. That location, at the corner of Forth and Clay Streets, was the hospital's home for many years. The Fourth Street wing of the hospital had to be rebuilt following the historic 1937 flood, and soon after that construction project was completed, the rear wing was destroyed by fire. The Diocese of Owensboro purchased the hospital in 1959 and in September of that year the Sisters of St. Francis of Tiffin, Ohio arrived to manage the facility. With the change in ownership came a new name: Lourdes, in honor of Our Lady Lourdes. The small hospital was full the day the sisters arrived. A diary kept in those years recorded that Sister Gerard unexpectedly delivered a baby one evening soon after moving to Paducah, "and now feels very much home". In 1973, Lourdes moved from downtown location to the beautiful new building on Lone Oak Road. The Marshall Nemer Pavilion, named in memory of a long-time hospital board member and volunteer, opened in 2004. In 1991, the Sisters of Mercy became sponsors. In 1997, the Sisters of Mercy joined other systems to form Catholic Healthcare Partners.